2021年5月8日 星期六

#4 My thought on the talk : Inside the mind of a master procrastinator


1. Do you procrastinate sometimes? 

I do procrastinate from time to time. 

That said, unlike Tim Urban, I'm not a master procrastinator. 

Apart from the rational decision-maker, instant gratification monkey, and the panic monster, there is another character in my brain called the zookeeper. 

Now, when the monkey takes control of the wheel, the zookeeper would show up and threaten the monkey, just like this......

It's like a mechanism I have inside my mind that keeps me away from postponing my work.



2. What are some of the things you procrastinate on?  

When encountering things I'm not good at, I would have less motivation to accomplish them and delay the work.

Sounds like a typical "escaping from reality" type, huh? 

 


3. What are strategies you can use to combat procrastination?

 

The main reason for procrastination is the lack of a clear goal. 

To revamp this situation, I would set a goal and visualize the advantages of finishing things in advance, so I wouldn't end up delaying my work.

 

1 則留言:

TV program & host recommendation - River Monsters

1. Name of the program : River Monsters 2. Channel Animal planet Discovery channel    3. about river monsters River Monsters is a British an...